The Astral World
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2014, 10:04:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News Box
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself. - Charles Dickens

Key Stats
4289 Posts in 603 Topics by 1319 Members
Latest Member: sep0
* Home Help Search Login Register
The Astral World Forum  |  The Boards  |  Dreams & OBE's  |  dreams or obe's 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: dreams or obe's  (Read 1624 times)
sk_chey

dreams or obe's
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:34:32 PM »

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, so be gentle. Recently I was sleeping and my daughter has been sleeping in the room with us because of all the paranormal things going on. Anyway,  we were sleeping and I had what I thought was a dream about this man in the closet and he was trying to drag my daughter in with him. I kept screaming and screaming but nothing would come out. Finally I wake up and tell myself it was just a dream but then realized that I could not move or even speak. I kept trying to get my boyfriend to get me out of this trance, but nothin. Finally after what seemed like forever I was able to get up, to my suprise that my daughter who had fallin asleep with our puppy on the floor was all the way at the closet door. My daughter is four and she does not sleep walk and is not a crazy sleeper. But from where she had fallin asleep she had to have moved at least 10 ft. And that's not even the scary part. When I got up and checked on her, her pajama bottoms werere all the way down to her ankles. We have always felt a presence in our home and I have always gotten a weird vibe with my closet. I guess what I would like to know is if I was just dreaming about this whole thing or did I really have an obe and really did witness my daughter getting dragged. But she has not mentioned anything about that night. Sorry my post is kinda long but I would really appreciate any help. Thanks
HJuniper

Email
Re: dreams or obe's
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »

I can without hesitation tell you that you had sleep paralysis. 
As for OBE, hmmmm....  From my experiences, you are very self-aware during one.  When you have a dream (or nightmare such as the case), you can wake up and have the fuzzy notion that you had been dreaming.  While out of body, your awareness is heightened I find. 
Someone else can probably explain it better as I usually wake-up abruptly when I hear the popping noise of an obe.
Tolkus
Global Moderator
Enlightened

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:51:02 AM »

Yeah what she said... and welcome to the forum.

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
SOLDIER 16

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 04:11:56 PM »

I've often thought that 'sleep paralysis' might not be a completely accurate description of something that actually takes while the 'subject' is awake! I started experiencing this sleep paralysis back in the mid-1980s and at the time it was unbelievably frightening... Lying on the sofa at 4.30a.m. while waiting for a friend to collect me for a days fishing, the first indication that something odd was happening was when I became aware of a 'light buzzing' in my ears, which rapidly (in a matter of ten seconds or so) became louder until it was a deafening roar.  Naturally I panicked and tried to get up from the sofa but I couldn't move a muscle and I was unable to make any sound to call for help. In the midst of all this I thought I felt myself rising towards the ceiling, not surprisingly I thought I was dying and subconsciously said goodbye to those I loved...I didn't die! and after a few seconds I found myself lying on the sofa with my normal bodily functions returning. Over the few weeks this same thing happened around six or seven times until I finally got up enough courage to visit the family doctor. He was (and still is) a very nice polite man who unfortunately had no idea what my problem was or what might be causing it, but physically I was is perfect health. Over the years that followed this 'sleep paralysis' happened occasionally and gradually and I became l became less frightened and I knew or heard nothing about obe's. As for the paranormal I have always been a complete skeptic and I have long believed that there is no limit to the subconscious and to the ways it sometimes lead people 'astray'. However I was forced to re-examine my 'sleep paralysis' condition seven years ago when something very unusual took place. I had been very good friends with a fellow fisherman for many years and unfortunately we had a very bad 'falling out' which left much bitterness and bad feeling on both sides. As such, we avoided each other and hadn't spoken for the best part of ten years. One night as I was in bed and just about to fall asleep the familiar and unwanted buzzing started in my ears.  Annoyed, I tried to relax until the roaring would reach it's climax and fade away enabling me to hopefully asleep. However something was different this time. The roaring started to fade away as usual but, instead of relaxing and returning to normal, I found myself feeling dizzy and disoriented like you'd feel while on a very fast merry-go-round or after just stepping off one. just for a few seconds I thought I found myself in a room which was painted a light yellow color and had very unusual paintings hanging on the wall, they were very long and narrow and you would have to stand close to view them properly. There was a frosted window the top of which was opening unto the street..I could hear the sound of traffic and see moving images through the frosted glass. Suddenly I heard a motorcycle pulling up right outside the window, this caused me discomfort as my 'former' friend never went anywhere without his bike. The door of the opened and sure enough in walked my 'friend' with his crash helmet in his hand. I woke up and wondered how a dream could be so vivid..... That was the under statement of the year! Two days later when I had an appointment to see a local lawyer on a small matter I was shown into the waiting room where I had never been before.... I sat down and looked around. The paint, the unusual paintings, the frosted window facing the street, it was all exactly the same as in my dream. I was sitting there with my mouth open trying to take everything in when I heard the rumble of a motorcycle coming down the street. It stopped outside the window, someone spoke to the secretary and when the door of the waiting room opened, in walked my friend with his crash helmet in his hand. The only reason this cannot be coincidence is that I had never been in this room before, everything else could be explained. This made me think again about 'sleep paralysis' since I had been experiencing this when this 'lucid dream' occurred. The trouble is I can't induce the 'paralysis state' but I have to wait until it happens naturally, so exploring my particular case is pretty haphazard. Nevertheless, whether I am somehow subconsciously triggering these states or not, they are occurring more often and the initial fear that I experienced at the beginning has been replaced by fascination. I am not going to go through all the details in my case because it seems that most peoples obe's are very similar in content. This is very interesting because it would seem to make sense that someones education, personality and especially religious beliefs would influence the images produced by their subconscious. While dreams vary greatly from person to person, experiences in the so called 'Out of the Body state' are amazingly similar. That the content of obe's are  similar all over the world and in all walks of life is an important indication of their actual origin. The mystery begins when, as in my case, there is an element of precognition. Still, whether obe's are actually 'just that' or products of the subconscious they are an unforgettable experience and while my attempts to actually control my actions while experiencing them have been fascinating but variable I hope to make further progress in future. Everyone has the ability to experience obe's but not everyone is so lucky.
Tolkus
Global Moderator
Enlightened

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 06:14:34 AM »

This sounds like a clairvoyant episode. Did have dreams like this often or before this one?

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: